Carbon fibre strengthening contract award
Total specialist maintenance has recently been awarded a Carbon fibre strengthening scheme to a concrete footbridge that is adjacent to a railway crossing that requires structural enhancement. The works required are as follows
- Concrete repairs to the parapet wall and concrete soffit using sika 615 concrete repair mortar
- Installation of Sika Carbodur NSM rod BC12 to the top of the concrete cantilever walkway which involves Cutting back existing surfacing, cut 20mm x 16mm slots in concrete, preparing the cut surfaces, installing 24 no Sika Carbodur NSM rods BC12 which are each 2.4m long with12no rods to each side of the concrete cantilever walkway and reinstating the surfacing.
- Installation of Sika Carbodur S512 plates to soffit of cantilever slabs – 12no required with
- 6no at 1.395m long to each side of the bridge
- Installation of Sika Carbodur S512 plates to soffit of stair flights – 4no with 2no at 3.878m long to each side.
- Photographs to follow upon completion of the scheme.